Pages

Friday, February 19, 2021

Nomad Land--on Hulu

Tonight was the night I'd planned to have a real face to face meal and visit with Will's family, two weeks past my second vaccine.  I'm disappointed, but in the context of all the tragedies and disasters in Texas this week, all the deaths and dislocations and fires and power outages, a delayed celebration is small potatoes.

It's been a stressful week for Will and all the firefighters and first responders, and that's uppermost in mind today. 

The beauty of yesterday's second snow this week is melting into slush and power is coming back for some people.  It's going to reach high 30s today, but freezes again tonight. I'm watching Nomadland and handing Luci popcorn piece by piece, as that's how she likes to be served.  My bed is covered with leftover kernels and that's just fine.  I'm one of the lucky ones with heat and water, even hot water, thanks to my excellent plumber, Tony.  

Luci just took my gloves out of my pocket book!  She's about to start chewing on them, so here I go to get them back.  

Nomadland is extraordinary--starring Frances McDormand.  It's remarkable that this movie was made by the actual  people who live as nomads traveling across the country in their vans. Except for Fern (played by McDormand) and Dave, all the characters in this movie are exactly who they are.  I'll watch this one again. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOW5cmmPn6U

No comments: