Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Thursday's Travels With Luci


    I’ve taken several trips today.  Here are three postcards from my travels: 


    1. Home Depot to get shop towels and AC filters. I get way more attention and better customer service now that a dog is attached to a red leash.  A handsome white-haired man  said, “That’s the cutest dog I’ve ever seen.  Is she a certain breed?” A heavy-set man beside me in line almost stepped on her and apologized profusely. “I love dogs,” he said.  “I always cry for my dogs.”  The check-out woman said, “Where do you get her?  I want one just like that.”  

    2.  Jo Ann’s—also pet-friendly.  I bought squeezy balls for Carma and Luci and three women gathered around to pet her.  Each one told me stories about her dog(s). One lives on a ranch and has lots of dogs, sheep, goats, horses.  Another has a Golden Retriever named Bella.  

    3. Dollar Tree.  A very large woman, checker in Aisle 2,  was talking about Jesus to the checker in Aisle 1.  I didn’t get the whole story but it ended like this: “I was so damned mad I had to go home and pray to Jesus.  Jesus know I always do the right thing, but this one was hard!”  

She then bent down to pet Luci, her hands still wet in hand sanitizer that made Luci sneeze. She  told me she has a new dog that poops everywhere.  "Even if I spank him and leave him outside for five days with just food and water, he just comes in and poops again on the floor. I named him after my grand baby that died last year.  I wonder if that means my grand baby was going to be hard headed?” 

 “I had me a dog once just like this one, exactly like this one, a mix of chihuahua and cocker spaniel,  and I’m so damned mad cause my daughter give him away.  He was smart like a human, I mean smart!  He did bite the kids, but other than that, he was perfect.”

No comments: