Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2022

A Texas Weekend

In the past few years I've bought, then pretty soon sold, two round dining tables.  One table was glass-topped and modern; the other was a pedestal table with a thick wooden top from Etsy.  Neither was quite right for very long. 

Saturday my search for a table took me to an antique mall in Boerne where I found exactly the table I wanted--a smaller version of the one I had all the years my children were growing up, a table that holds lots of memories and history.  


Then Luci and I went to Comfort.  I was pleasantly surprised that the antique stores and the art gallery welcomed Luci and gave her treats.  

I'd planned to stop on the way home for Elena's Saturday rodeo, but didn't make it.  So Freda joined me this morning for two of five of the Rodeo #2 events. It was delightful--an all-kids event, including children (who looked to be about four or five) on ponies and miniature horses as well as teenagers over 14. 

Elena and her horse, Junior

Luci's first time in the saddle

This wasn't part of the show--
just a bit of showing off



Luci has converted Freda to loving a dog--as you can see.  Neither of us has horseback experience, but we enjoy watching the kids on their horses.

Here's our 10-year-old superstar receiving her championship award at the end of the day:






No comments: