Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2022

Julia on HBO

Sarah Lancashire stars as Julia Childs in the HBO series, Julia. Her portrayal of the cook who brought country French cooking to the United States is brilliant!  

After Janet's February serving of Julia's Beef Bourguignon, and having seen Janet's spot-on imitation of Julia, I have realized all over again what a lazy cook I've become.  Both Janet's Julia and Lancashire's Julia have inspired me to try a single recipe and see if I can pull it off.

Jan, too, excels at cookery, and she's right next door.  I'm starting to pay more attention to what goes on behind the scenes, as it were, in making healthy delicious meals.  She's generously shared a few recipes and when I return from my Virginia trip, I plan to spread my wings and give cooking a go again. 

"I'm not a chef and I'm not French," Julia tells her audience on the pilot of her 1960s PBS show on French cooking.  But she's a terrific teacher and she radiates joy in cooking.

This series is streaming on HBO.  A fun trip back to the 1960s.  


No comments: