Pages

Monday, April 4, 2022

Luci's Evil Twin

 Last night on a regular walk, Luci showed Jan and Carma and me her inner demon.  Out of nowhere, this sweet little dog who loves all people and animals so far, spied a cocker spaniel for whom she took an instant dislike.  She snarled and barked and lunged toward the poor little stranger as if she meant business.  

"Wow!" Jan said.  "I didn't know you had that in you, Luci!" We were stunned by her sudden fury.  Even Carma gave her a look of surprise. 

We had a little chat about it and I told her that cocker spaniels are good people, like her, but I'm not sure she got the gist of the talk.  

She's at the vet's this morning.  When I dropped her off at 8, she balked with her whole body and put on her doggie brakes with all her might.  Not all realities are pleasant.  Like shots and, apparently,  cocker spaniels.  

No comments: