Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Helotes Cowgirl Shines in State 4H competition

Headlines compliments of Elena' grandmother, of course--and I wasn't even there.  

This was Elena's first time to compete on a state level and she aced it.  Two weeks ago in a barrel race, with her Virginia family and me there to see, she knocked over a barrel and her time didn't count.  Did that bother her?  As usual, she came out smiling as if she'd won the event.  That's her way, happy girl. 

She's adjusting to  a new horse this year, her mom's, and Yancy is way faster than Junior was.  After lots of practice, she seems to have gotten all the parts working together, hers and Yancy's. The 4H competition involved 53 high school and middle school girls and she's among the top competitors, so she'll go to finals.  That's all I know for sure. They will be back Thursday and I'll get more details.



This girl is pure sunshine, on and off the horse. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  


Yenna

No comments: