Pages

Saturday, July 1, 2023

Treasures

Today Carlos, who now lives across the street, my new handyman, finished painting my bathroom and hanging stuff.  When he's not working at his real job, as a chef at a new restaurant in Southtown, he's available for handy-manning if you're looking for a yard man, hanger, or fixer. 

While he was painting I went for a haircut and found treasures at Goodwill.  Here are four:


Clear bud vases for the carnations Joy brought me last week.  These flowers are wonderfully long-lasting, as fresh as they were when she first brought them. 

Luci was met by her human pals at Shag The Salon.  To the question, "What kind of dog is she?" I replied, "A wanna-be Corgi." 

David said, "Yeah, an anorexic Corgi." 


Tonight, L'Indy (Linda from Indiana) invited Jan, Pam and me to come over for snacks and a game of RummiCube.  It turned out to be more than snacks--four delicious courses of finger foods, dips, dumplings and bacon-wrapped scallops.  I happened to win the game 👍 and L'indy brought out a wrapped winner's prize and two runner up prizes!  I hope I remember to post my prize tomorrow cause it's super cool! 

L'Indy and Jan in the kitchen: 


Pam and Silly Jan: 


Friendships, fun, and good food are priceless treasures! 


No comments: