Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2024

Going Off To College for a Ph.D

 Luci is ready to go!


As soon as I start packing, she jumps into the suitcase as if to say, "Don't even think about leaving ME!"

We have good news from Presbyterian Village in Athens--Carlene can move in this month!  "It's going to be like going to college," she says.  "This time I'm getting my Ph.D--in life!"

"It's time," she says, having had almost a year on the waiting list to get prepared.  No more cooking, no more cleaning, no more washing of clothes even--she's going to live luxuriously, and she is so excited about it. 



Luci and I are flying to Atlanta next week, then Day will join us on the 15th, and we'll work with Bob and Jocelyn to get her packed for her initiation on Wednesday.

I'd thought about driving, but in this intolerable heat dome, in which heat factors are 106-110 in early June,  I didn't want to risk car or foot issues on the road.  So we got a one way ticket for Tuesday and will play it by ear from then.

In the meanwhile since my return is unknown, I'm packing big--including a swimsuit for a week ini a Southern Virginia lake house with the Learys.  I'll keep you posted....



No comments: