Pages

Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Luci's first swim




Our week at the lake has been so much fun!

Day and Tom rented a wonderful house on Smith Lake, and Day brought pre-made meals for our dinners, sandwich fixings for lunch.   Tomorrow night I'm taking us all out for dinner. 

The first night I got eaten up by some invisible bugs. I never felt a sting, but welts rose up all over my legs and feet and hands, one huge one on my neck.  For the first few minutes, the skin rises up like a hard marble under the skin, but it doesn't itch intolerably like bed bugs do. (I know whereof I speak--a few years ago, I slept in their attic guest room and woke up with a maddening itch. This led to a complete remodel of the upstairs, after they discovered bats.)

Tom drove to the nearest store, about 20 miles away, and bought Benadryl and calamine lotion.  But to this third day, no one else has been bitten and the bugs continue to bite me. 

Today I was on a float and Luci on the pier.  She cried for me, then jumped off the pier and swam to me, sat down on my float happy as could be.  



No comments: