Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2024

Traveling Through the Mountains Today

Yesterday, Bob and Jocelyn brought the U-Haul and two expert movers, longtime friends of theirs, and we watched them load and drive away.  Carlene's house has plenty of furniture to choose from, so they left the Lawrenceville house looking good and plenty.  We sat in the carport and watched the move, Carlene truly excited about her next adventure!

I took a wee nap, then packed up her Malibu for my lake trip. 

I made it to Clayton before the Main Street Gallery closed and Luci and I maneuvered the main floor, the lower floor and the upper floor of my favorite business in Clayton.  I bought two gifts (one for Jan's birthday and one for Day's) and a new pillow for  my sofa.  

Since I got a late start and meandered in Clayton a bit, I only made it as far as Franklin where I found a pretty ragged pet-friendly motel. Had a lovely dinner at Cafe REL, an Italian restaurant Mike introduced me to years ago. I had a Caesar with scallops--delicious--and Luci had a bowl of water and lots of attention from other diners. 

Note to self: learn to use the FIDO app to find better pet-friendly accommodations on the way back.  Day and Jocelyn can show me easier ways to find lodgings. 

So now we're off--for a beautiful drive through the mountains, only five hours to go to get to Smith Lake!


No comments: