Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Wanderlust

It's been a great weekend with writers!

After watching an episode of Masterpiece and thinking how I love British dramas and novels, I decided to order a Paddington Bear book for Elena (remembering a Paddington umbrella I should have gotten for her when I saw one in a museum gift shop in California last year) and then reading a few pages of a really good novel by Penelope Lively  (a new-to-me British writer) and then taking a little night drive in the Mini, it occurred to me that I should take a trip to England.

I'm picturing driving through the countryside, hanging out at Paddington Station and looking for a bear in a yellow raincoat, visiting Port Isaac in Cornwall where Doc Martin is filmed, going to museums, walking around London, and hopefully getting to drive one of those tee-nincy vintage Minis--if I can get the hang of driving on the other side of the road.


No comments: