Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2018

Yesterday I broke down and had a panini--it was delicious!

But I paid for it today with a day of inflammation.  Betty and I started out driving toward Vermont, but what with the rain and clouds, we turned around after 86 miles and decided to wait and see Vermont when we leave Cape Cod instead of leaving and coming back all this distance to our cute October Cape house.

Today is the 17th birthday of my oldest grandson, Jackson!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jackson!

To celebrate 17, he wanted to invite his friends over for dinner after paint-balling, and his mama decorated the  room with beautiful blue and white Chinese lanterns.

This Jackson is a remarkable boy, very smart and curious.  All his life, he's enjoyed eavesdropping adult conversations and studying cars.  His favorite class in high school is auto mechanics and he plays lacrosse. I'm remembering the day he was born today, standing outside the room and hearing his first cry.  It was just a month after 9/11.

Ten months later, my parents flew to Virginia to meet little Jackson--the only one of my grandchildren my daddy got to meet.  He'd be so proud of this 6'4" tall boy!





No comments: