Pages

Friday, October 8, 2021

One of the best things Jan and I have done in 2021 was to adopt  these two crazy dogs--Carma and Luci.  Jan usually texts about 7:15 if they are free to play.  Luci and I walk over and the two dogs greet each other with so much enthusiasm that we humans have to stand back.  When Luci hears the beep of the text in another room, she looks at me: get the phone, get the phone, it's Carma!

After running after each other on the grass like maniacs, both are ready to fall to sleep and sleep until morning.  

Dogs have the right idea about just about everything.  If they want what you are eating, they stare at you  until you can't resist giving them a bite.  

If they are sleepy, they sleep--a lot. 

If they don't like someone or some situation (like their person leaving them in a strange place), their ears go back (Luci's do) and their body language says it all.  If she does like the person, which is most people actually in Luci's case, a big jumping and dancing act ensues.

If they haven't seen their human in a really long time, like an hour, they fall all over themselves to greet you with pleasure.  

Today I took Luci for a two hour stay at a "retreat" for dogs.  When after a pedicure, I went to pick her up and went into the Little Dog house there were twenty or more little dogs all yapping and barking.  I, personally, would not have been brave enough to walk into a room of twenty barking humans or dogs, but Luci managed okay.  I won't take her back.  She's such a mild mannered little dog, a female Buddha really, and that's too many personalities to take in at a time.

Or maybe I'm projecting.  Maybe because I'm an introvert and can't bear loud noisy parties, I'm assuming Luci feels the same. 

No comments: