Pages

Monday, August 1, 2022

August is here!

Last night, I got to wear my new Made-By-Janet blouse to a party of three, five counting the dogs, Ranger and Luci! 

It's ironic that I've known and loved both Sylvia and Carolyn since our twenties, yet had never been with them at the same time until last night.  Sylvia, recovering from a fall and doing well, and Carolyn (our husbands were colleagues at SAC and we met at an art show in the early 70s) met for dinner at Sylvia's house.  They know each other because Carolyn, a VP at Santa Rosa Hospital, worked alongside Peter, Sylvia's husband. 

So we packed a lot of memories into our short visit!


Sylvia and Carolyn


It's a wonderful thing, when we're all septuagenarians, to have fifty years of memories and friendship!

Meanwhile, the weekend has been filled with my attempts to make little books for my class. I joined the Handmade Book Club and highly recommend it to anyone who's interested in learning some new maneuvers with paints and papers.  To whet your appetite, I will include a few screenshots of books made by the more experienced members of the club.








No comments: