Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Sunday Afternoon

 


What a wonderful gift, this luscious fabric sewn into a blouse by Janet!  

Ever since she got her new Bernina--the creme de la creme of sewing machines--she's as engrossed in sewing as I am in painting. She loves it so much she wonders what she ever did before.  

I can tell her: she painted rooms, repainted them the next day if she changed her mind. She and Bill remodeled a house and landscaped it themselves.  The house and yard could be magazine covers.  

Fostering dogs with SNIPSA while having three of her own, political activism and supporting Planned Parenthood, matchmaking dogs with people (like Luci-Love and me), teaching five classes of Pilates a week--all while recovering from shoulder surgery.  Janet is one energizer bunny! 

And so generous--I'm loving this new silky blouse with red square buttons that she delivered today. 

We talked about our obsessions--and the joy of having the right tools and materials.  She's found some sources of designer patterns and fabrics online and is making beautiful dresses and blouses--and soon a quilt.  Even though joining in person classes has been curbed to some extent,  the technology is such that if you can't go the mountain, the mountain can most definitely come to you.  

Since I have paint all over the table, I quickly put my T-shirt back on and asked Janet to take a Us-ie, plural for selfie?  Then she was off--to the fabric store, leaving me to think of places to go so I can dress up properly, fashionably, and maybe get a haircut or something to complete the look? 





No comments: