Pages

Sunday, May 21, 2023

Back in Texas

Got home yesterday to gentle rain and San Antonio air, then a sweet Sunday with my girl, the furry one and the dancing in the rain girl.  

While her parents were out celebrating their dozenth anniversary, Elena taught me how to make earrings, we watched a movie, went to the park, and I made little 45th birthday cakes for Will and Bonnie, hers on the 18th, Will's on the 26th.  

Elena brought her tackle box filled with jewelry supplies and taught me how to make earrings. When the rain started, she said, "Let's go outside and dance in it!" 



I'm reading two books, a few chapters in one, a few chapters in the other.  One is Barbara Kingsolver's Demon Copperhead, based on David Copperfield but set in Appalachia..  The other is a memoir Bob gave me, The Last Radio Baby. It's about growing up Black in Madison, Georgia in the 1930s.

We visited Madison and Monroe, each town about half an hour from Carlene's house. Antebellum houses (Madison spared by Sherman's fires), collard greens and cornbread, quaint shops and bakeries on pretty downtown squares. 



No comments: