Pages

Friday, May 5, 2023

Thursday

Nathan's first wheels of his own, a Jeep.  One never forgets the day of the first wheels.  

In the world of Jeep drivers, there's a tradition of putting rubber duckies on the hood of a stranger's jeep.  Will bought him a bag of duckies to disperse to others in the Jeep tribe, and Elena grabbed the first one to duck her brother's hood. 



I haven't seen the Jeep in person yet, but our 16-year-old guy is pretty psyched, Will says, and I look forward to taking a ride in it as soon as I can.

When Luci and I go into stores, the clerks often offer her treats and ask her to "Sit."  I just give her treats cause I love her, no tricks, but tonight, I taught her to Sit on command.  She learned right away, one treat in. 

When she walks, she always stops to smell the flowers.  We should all do that. 


And look at whatever is blooming in the community garden.  Today it was kids.  


We love flowers and we love little kids.

Yesterday at the shoe store, we had a lengthy conversation with a loquacious and precocious little guy who asked his mom if she'd get my phone number so we could be friends.  "You can call me anytime you want to go somewhere," seven-year-old Santiago said, "I can take care of Luci." 

"I love her so much, even as much as my dog," he said. "But have you ever wondered why dogs have to sniff everybody's butts? That's really bizarre!"

Okay, back to the final episode of Maestro in Blue (takes place on a Greek island) on Netflix!  

No comments: