Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2024

One Day

The art show was inspiring, colorful and just delightful to see what so many artists do with ostrich eggs!  Joy's two were Best in Show if I were the judge, but there were no judges, just a roomful of artists and art-lovers having a good time admiring beautiful transformations of eggs!  I'll post pictures when I get some good ones. 

It's so unusual for me to be out at night mingling with friends and people I hadn't met before that I'm too jazzed to sleep.  I may be up all night. It's four in the morning and I'm halfway through an intriguing series on Netflix.  

One Day follows two people, Dex and Emma, through twenty years, each episode focusing on one single day.  It's based on a novel by the same name.  I love it.

Dex and Emma begin a friendship on the night of college graduation.  The plot, the music, the characters--it's so emotionally rich with yearning, anger, heartbreak--and whatever is yet to come.  No spoilers here, just a link to a song that you'll remember from back in the day: 

Anyone Who Knows What Love Is, Irma Thomas

No comments: