Pages

Friday, August 5, 2016

My Bulletin Board for Friday

Sometimes I put notes, recipes, and links on my blog so I will know where to find them when I need them.  Like these suggestions for podcasts from Carlene:

1.

"I didn't have to water grass this morning when I got back from walking and wanted to avoid TV
So I reckoned I could use this time to go to school and learn snippets of what I missed with a truncated college experience and following .....

I chose Radio Hour - Shifting Time - for a start - since that was what I was doing with this hour - and learned some interesting stuff - even a line I failed to capture, but will have to go back to
- but I thought in line with your blog about changing home settings and moving furniture, etc.

There was a Ted Talk featured and I did go to that - Laura Carstensen, a psychologist, 61 - her talk - Older People Are Happier...."

I'm going to check these out!

2.

I went to a physical therapist this morning whose work is unique (for me) and really effective--Myofascial Release.  I'll study the paperwork she gave me and write more about what that is when I find out.  Her name is Dianne Hargroder, and she was highly recommended to me by Alison--and now I'm passing it on to you.  She talks about the "glue" that forms in our bodies with trauma and how her particular form of physical therapy clears out that stagnant glue.

3.

Pam treated me to a delicious pizza and glass of wine tonight.  TriBeCa is a great little place for happy hour on McCullough at the round-about.  After my PT and with my usual low-tolerance for alcohol, one glass made me tipsy.  Tipsy is fun once in a while!

4.

Freda brought me a library book today that is, so far, excellent:  My Name is Lucy Barton, by Elizabeth Strout, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Olive Kitteridge.

5.

Tomorrow, my Saturday writing group is having its annual retreat, this year at Jen's house in Boerne. Today I've been buying little tiny presents for my special Topo Chicas.  After the retreat, several of us are going to see Linda Kaufman's sold-out play, "Senior Moments."

6.

ALL my children and grandchildren will be here next week. It's been way too long since I've had them all together at my house--I'm so excited!  Day and Tom and the boys are with her dad this week and I can hardly wait to see them.








No comments: