Pages

Saturday, May 8, 2021

Mother's Day Weekend.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers, grandmothers, and children of mothers!

Carlene and I had a fun early Mother's Day visit by phone today--and she'll be going to church, then visiting with Bob and Jocelyn tomorrow.  Sight unseen, except in pictures, she's adopted Luci as her grand-puppy so I put her on speaker so Luci could be in on the party.

Tomorrow I'll talk to Day and Tom in the morning, then go out to Will and Bonnie's for an afternoon anon dinner celebration.

I've spent the week in Sweden, totally captivated by "The Restaurant" on Sundance.  It spans more than 20 years in the life of a Swedish family who owns a restaurant in Stockholm.  

In addition to my nightly binges of food, romance, family tensions, and personal demons, I've started two days a week in physical therapy to prepare for eventual knee surgery.  They call it pre-hab and say that it helps later in rehab.  

Overall, except for the knees, I feel pretty great and am enjoying getting back to the new normal of post-vaccines.  And looking forward to a flight to Georgia with Luci soon and Day's family coming to visit in July.  

I hope you all have a beautiful day tomorrow!





No comments: