Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2022

Cuttery in style

I'm not sure if my tool deficiency has anything to do with my cooking aversion, but as it happens, the  four kitchen knives I own are dull as bad books.  I was once married to a man who said knives would last longer if you don't sharpen them!  He was right.  They have lasted for decades, but they don't slice well at all. 

So yesterday I went to Sunset Ridge Hardware with a discount coupon and treated myself to my first good quality chef's knife.  What a revelation it was to slice squash and onion with no effort at all!  I sliced up a whole yellow squash and a red onion, sautéed them in olive oil, and then sprinkled them with cheese.  It was delicious! 

I know that having the right tools makes all the difference, but I hadn't yet applied that principle to cutting tools.  Art supplies yes, cookery not so much.  I have paper-cutting scissors in seven sizes. 

So now I'm on a roll.  I will be slicing apples and peppers and whatnot with glee!




No comments: