Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Wednesday

Luci and I popped into the Green Door Thrift Shop today to get manila folders, but I wound up finding other treasures instead. 

1. Four sentimental covers of Good Housekeeping magazine, late 40s and early 50s.  

2. An old-fashioned Tupperware container for storing cards I'm making.

3. New friends for Luci.

Speaking of #3, she's now on Instagram with her new pal under Green Door Thrift--posted by one of the workers there.  Her new friend is a black 11-year-old Cavalier named Max who's exactly Luci's size.  We took them off their leashes and they played happily while Max's owner and I visited and all the customers in the store came to watch.

One--a ninety-something-year-old named Shirley--walked up to me and said, "Please turn away and don't look at me."  Her face was serious but her eyes were twinkling.  "Cause I need to take your dog home with me."  

Then we stopped in Jerry's Art-O-Rama where all the clerks know her and called out, "Hey, Luci!"

Meanwhile, I'm hearing from Linda in Cape Cod that they had a fun visit with the Learys yesterday. 

Tom, Day, Marcus, Deanna, and Jackson


Tom and Steve

Linda sent me these pages from her photo album--of Day and Tom's wedding 25 years ago:






No comments: