Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Back in the saddle again?

These two Pritchett girls inspire me to get back in the saddle again...

My saddle, however, is not on the back of a horse but on four wheels.  It's been so long since I've taken a cross country car trip, but if my present upturn in the leg department continues, I'm considering driving to Georgia and save my flight for another trip.

I'm tentatively excited, knocking on wood and crossing my fingers.  If it works, it will be wonderful to take a back roads trip again! Supportive walking shoes, twice-weekly physical therapy, and  Gabi massages have helped  tremendously, and I'm yearning for some road trip days to Georgia with Luci later this month. 

Yesterday, Janet came for a visit and Luci was overjoyed.  As soon as I mentioned that "Janet's coming," Luci sat vigil at the window for half an hour.  

Later in the day, we went to Good Goods, a store we like on Austin Highway.  I met a new friend there who said, "Luci is Canine Perfection!" She's from Mississippi and told me about some places in the Mississippi Delta I hadn't heard about.  I took it as a sign; it's time to roll! 

Carolyn and I are going to a rodeo on Sunday morning at the Rose Palace. This will be the first time Carolyn and Will have seen each other since he was a little boy!  





Here are my two Helotes cowgirls: Elena and Bonnie
Riding Saturday in the Bandera parade.
Bonnie's team won their rodeo event on Sunday


No comments: