Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

The Big Run

I have been in training for this upcoming car trip for months.  The last time I tried it with my old knee, I had to turn around and come home.  Then when I tried to go to Colorado with Will's family in December, I fell in Lubbock and got a concussion, broke my glasses, and looked like a walking Halloween mask for weeks.  So my confidence was deflated.

I am excited about heading out tomorrow, Luci in her red seat in the back, taking our time, meandering, and making it all the way to Georgia whenever we get there!

Betty's granddaughter Claire is marrying Xander on the first of October--which is why I scheduled the trip at this particular time.  I'll enjoy taking some candid wedding shots (as requested by Betty) but it's a good thing she has a professional photographer and videographer to do the official pictures.   

Yesterday I was stressed, trying to decide whether to fly or drive.  Finally, I decided to drive--my favorite way of getting to there from here.  But this trip won't be a solo trip; I'll have a sweet little dog as my traveling companion.  

After months of twice-weekly physical therapy, new shoes, massages, and meds when I need them, I feel ready.  

No comments: