Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Health Update

Several inspiring health-related videos on Netflix:

Fat, Sick and Almost Dead; Vegucated; Hungry For Change; and Food Matters

I've been drinking fruit and vegetable juices, infused water and lots of green tea--and not drinking Diet Coke.  I'm down to two cigarettes a day.  Practically no gluten or sugar.  Taking CALM (powdered magnesium) and other supplements for inflammation.  As of yesterday, I have had no leg pain and no all-over body aches.

Tomorrow I see a physical therapist, and Tuesday the rheumatologist about the auto-immune condition.  If I'd felt like I do today on the day I made these two appointments, I wouldn't have made them.

"Something is missing," I thought--both yesterday and today--and I realized that what is missing are the mysterious pains of the past several months.  Could it be that drinking gallons of water is the cure?  Could it be that the de-fox is over?  Even if this is a temporary respite, it's a wonderful reminder of what it feels like to feel good.  As the Robert Earle Keene song says, "Feels so good feeling good again!"

The Quarry Farmers Market on Sundays makes it easy to make all these changes.  Today I had a delicious organic vegetable tamale and brought home kale and chard and yard eggs.  Having them in the refrigerator--they say--doesn't do much.  You have to cook them and eat them, or--in the case of the greens--toss them into the Vitamix and make a green smoothie.

I'll think about that tomorrow....






No comments: