Pages

Monday, December 23, 2019

December 23

Happy Holidays, Happy Hanukkah, and Merry Christmas to all my friends and family!

Kasia, the Polish/British teacher of one of the Wanderlust classes, advised making a list of every gift of 2019--which I think is a good idea.  "What are the gifts of the past year?  And what do you want to take forward into 2020?"

Two unexpected gifts of December 23rd:

My Uber driver in San Antonio was uniquely charming and colorful. He drove a red car, wore black and white shoes a red vest, a bow tie, and a white suit with green bling.  He gave me his number so I can call him directly for future airport runs. Meeting him in his Christmas attire (at 4 a.m) was a wonderful way to start this trip!

On his rearview mirror hung a string of Christmas lights and a turquoise rosary.




My Atlanta Uber driver, Jeremy Ford, has just completed his master's degree in communications at Morehouse College.  He's produced a documentary, funded by Sundance, called "Nana's Kitchen" (currently showing in the African American Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.) about his grandmother's cooking and the history of soul food.














No comments: