Pages

Friday, September 4, 2020

Best Laid Plans #2

 Here it is 1:00 a.m. and I have moved twice.

The AC repair has a bit of a wrinkle in it--which the technician will return tomorrow to check out, probably no biggie.  I can't get the house as cool as I like it, but it's less annoying to be slightly warm than to sleep on a pallet in the casita with the smoke alarm chirping every second.  

So when I realized it wasn't going to be arctic in here, I had a nice evening in the casita, my pallet plenty comfy.

The smoke alarm is in the peak of the ceiling and I can't reach it.  On the way back into the house, carrying my laundry basket of stuff, the skunk scampered across the yard giving me a momentary fright, but I was a big girl and proceeded with my journey. 

Carlos got the hole framed in, but it began to rain and he probably couldn't use his tile equipment in the rain, so the tile work is happening, I'm pretty sure, mañana. 

For the second time this week, words of Macbeth came to mind: 

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,

Creeps in this petty pace from day to day....

And then I think of Annie and her optimistic: 

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, it's only a day away! 

No comments: