Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2021

We left San Antonio Friday afternoon and drove as far as Lubbock where we spent a night in a pet-friendly hotel.  Yesterday morning, Elena and I were outside with the two smaller dogs and I fell smack dab on my face on a concrete curb.  Glasses flew and I lost my grip on the leashes.  Elena helped me up, then her parents found us, me with a baseball-sized bump on my forehead.  The ER doc did a cat scan and said I wasn't allowed to go into high altitudes with a concussion, so we headed back home. 

I am so disappointed that they (and I)  had to miss the long-awaited ski trip.  I spent last night at their house, then they brought me home tonight where I will rest until the swelling goes down.    

The doctor said I'd feel pretty awful this week, but I actually feel okay--except I can't read or write very well, thus the huge font. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll get my glasses fixed or get some new ones. 







No comments: