Pages

Friday, June 2, 2023

Happy Friday

I got a few weeks of ease from the steroid shots, but the effects are temporary.  I decided today to get a pedicure (because it comes with a great massage) and I left there feeling better.

Brittany (at Alamo Nails, Quarry Village) is amazing! She gave me the most wonderful massage of feet, ankles, and calves.


Alamo Nails employees love dogs.  Luci met Francesca, a black and white Shih-tzu who lives in the apartments over the salon. She was showered with attention by four young woman who work there--

--Brittany, Jackie, Jackie and Jasmine.  (Yeah, two Jackies) 

Phones came out and I met Coco and Luna and all their various dogs, Luna my favorite, a Pomeranian puppy adopted by one of the Jackies.  A spontaneous party with these young women was a most happy way to spend a morning! 

"We're going to start a dog wall," the owner's daughter told me.  "Luci is going to be our first, our mascot." 

Luci was glowing with all that attention!  If she could hum, she'd be humming the Cheers theme song; 

Sometimes you wanna go...Where everybody knows your name...

She also made friends with a dog-loving third grader named Stella.  Animals have a way of bringing people together and spreading happiness, just by being who they are. 

Here's Luci with Stella and Brittany:




When I got home, Will and Elena called.  They are spending the weekend alone while Bonnie is attending a retreat on herbs in New Mexico.

After horseback riding, Will took Elena to Jo Anns for fabric so she can up-cycle some clothes.  They asked me to do a FaceTime tutorial on operating a machine I'd given Elena a few years ago.  Pretty soon they were up and running.  

What daddy does that? 

I'd never realized he was noticing so closely--me sewing when he was a kid--but he actually knew what a presser foot and seam ripper and bobbin were!


For the next three days, I'll be getting ready to head to Virginia for Marcus' graduation.  Will and I are flying there on Tuesday so we'll have almost six days together.  And Luci will be heading to Camp Jannie again--her other happy place. 





No comments: