Pages

Friday, November 3, 2023

Speaking of grace....

Carlene, at 98, has decided to get in the queue for an assisted living home just a few miles from Bob and Jocelyn.  While I was in Georgia last week, we toured the place she's chosen and were impressed with all it has to offer.

All these years she's been taking care of her three-bedroom house and beautiful yard, and she's ready for a change.  Moving will free her from home maintenance and give her time to write, listen to music and meet new friends--while still being close enough for her Lawrenceville friends to visit.

I'm always amazed at how gracefully she makes decisions.  She knows that "when the time is right," she'll know.  On Friday night she wrote, "If and when God takes me, I don't want to have dishwater on my hands; I just want to hand Him my gratitude journal." 

Seeing her sister's homey apartment inspired her, too.  With her own furniture and decor, she will make her new space  feel like home, too. 

 Now we just have to wait for an opening and I'll be going back more often to help with the transition. 


No comments: