Pages

Monday, July 27, 2026

I spent the morning with Jett, a computer science major at UT, who lives about four houses away.  He fixed my computer so that I can now post pictures, so I'm going to give it a try.  The error had something to do with cookies.

I spent yesterday at the Pritchett house and will go again later today for dinner.  Then probably again tomorrow--as they are actually moving to Colorado on Thursday.

A reminder: Joy's show is still up at Mockingbird Handprints--just in case you missed the opening and would like to see her work on display.  It's a beautiful show!

Day and her family are enjoying their trip to Ireland, and Will and his family are selling and giving away things (and returning to me some furniture I gave them) so that they can travel light to their new home in Durango.  

Yesterday Elena was feeling a little sad.  "I need to play the guitar, then I'll feel better," she said.  So she and her dad sat down and played and sang for a while and she was right--it perked her right up.



She loves music and plans to take classes at a music school she's found in Durango.  

Here are a couple of photos from the week I spent there with them;

One of her rodeo events in Durango this summer





Jan and I have another thing in common: Kate and her boys are moving on the same day the Pritchetts are moving.  Her husband Lee has already begun his new job in Albuquerque and Kate and the boys will finally get to join him--they were waiting for Sebastien to graduate high school.  

SO Jan and I are lucky to have each other as we see the last of our families move away from San Antonio.  So far, I've only gotten teary once--watching my girl play my daddy's guitar and remembering so many happy memories of these almost fifteen years of her life!  I'm going to miss them like crazy--but I'm also thrilled that they are following their dream to relocate to Colorado, their happy place. 

No comments: