Pages

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Mall Thursday

I usually walk big outer circles in the mall to avoid the kiosk sellers.

But after an hour in the Apple Store, I remembered that Janet O had told us at salon about a kiosk where you can buy a hair curler and get your hair curled or straightened at the Kiosk for a year. What a deal! I bought a turquoise hair straighter/curler--and they threw in two years of free styling and shampoo and conditioner.

I was walking out, feeling pretty, when Rachel from Israel stopped me to demonstrate her red-wine facial products.

She was fun--a woman who could sell anything, probably--but not to me, not today.

"See how dry your skin looks?" she asked, holding up the magnifying mirror.  "You don't moisturize, do you?"

I had to admit, I'm rather lazy on that front.

Her skin glowed.  "It's my product," she said.  Really, it was the fact that she was twenty-something, but I let that pass.

"This jar will exfoliate all the dry skin and your skin will be beautiful like mine," she said.  "And if you don't use it, the moisturizer can't work."

"How much?" I asked.

"Three hundred dollars for both," she said, "But I give you a special because it's the holidays.  I give you two for $150.

"Not today," I said.

"How much you budget for your skin?" she asked.

"I don't have a budget for my skin," I admitted, sheepishly, not having known before that skin is a budget item.

Now I know.


No comments: