Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Playing

For the last few months, I've been collecting dolls--some from Carlene's house that I used to play with when I was little, some from thrift shops, some online.

Most of them are 8 inch Madame Alexander dolls, but there are a few no-brand dolls.  This one I brought home from Carlene's was dressed in a Girl Scout uniform, but the firefighter outfit I had bought on eBay fits her perfectly.


She's standing atop the little oak desk that used to be Day's. I cut her hair to make her appear more boy-like--as my collection only had two boys so far.

This morning, I tried to stay awake to listen to the whole Super Soul Sunday online, but slept the morning away.  Finally, I feel rested!

I did hear a snippet of it, in which Marianne Williamson said "We should all be beginners at something."  To be a beginner rekindles our sense of play and wonder.

Here's the doll I bought in Opelika at an antique store called Angel's.  Brand new in the box, for $12!

Angel from Opelika





No comments: