Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Writing a blog

Dear Friends,

I often think: how presumptuous it is of me to write a blog, how strange to assume that anyone would want to read my random acts of pondering.  And yet I keep doing it, for over and year and a half, and it's become my daily meditation/rant/reporting/writing practice/therapy/social media alternative.

I so appreciate the emails from those of you who read it and respond from time to time, and I'm going to keep doing it--even though the title "Traveling Solo" is and has always been a bit of a misnomer.

In the sense that life itself is a journey, I'm always traveling.  But "solo" I'm not--and don't want to be except for rare times when I need to refresh myself in solitude for a day or two.  I love the connections with all of you who tell me you're reading along,  and I so enjoy the conversations that ensue.

Mike's response to my post on rules was hilarious and wonderful--but I can't post it because some of his words might break the language blog rules.   I will, however, share the last few sentences, about his liking my writing:

"It reminds me of when my dad would ask my mom to play the piano for him. She knew what he liked. Every time he would tell her how beautiful it was,  just like it was the first time he heard it. He did the same thing for 30 years ...."

Carlene's response made me laugh:

"For some reason I had enough time this morning to read my Sunday School lesson when it occurred to me you might have posted a new blog!  Delightful--both!  More intriguing than Zephaniah!  Now we will see if the preacher has something interesting to say...."

My writing has never before been compared to Zephaniah.  I don't know who Zephaniah is.  But I'm taking it as a compliment and going with it!

Thank you to all of you who are my traveling companions on these pages.

Linda






No comments: