Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Art and Craft Supplies

Today has been a  good day, ending with a relaxing yoga class and Thai food afterward with Cecelia.

I told her she's glowing--looks like she's in love!  She said, "Yes, I am.  It's the art."  She's taken five art classes recently and showed me the results on her iPhone.  I was amazed!

I have enough art supplies to last me "til Jesus comes"--to quote my Aunt Audrey (though she was talking about shoes and clothes.)

I'd like to just take out all my paint, rubber stamps, and inks and start making things til I use them all up!   When I look in my neatly organized drawers, I realize that supplies shimmer with potential.  Without making a thing, there's something magical about the promise of all the things one could make, should one ever just start doing it and stop thinking about someday.

Paint tubes, bottle caps, beads, and metal findings; pretty papers, markers, and fabrics--I'm paralyzed by possibilities.  They are, in themselves, beautiful.  What if I mess them up?  What if I use them and later have a better idea?

If I call it art, I'll be too intimated to make the first stroke, so I'll just call it coloring and playing with stuff and see what happens.








No comments: