Pages

Saturday, September 12, 2020

"Nothing can deter us from our mission."

 When Betty and I travel together, and when we're dead set on doing something, despite the obstacles, despite the one time disastrous night in a motel room in Cuba, New Mexico, Betty will get a determined look on her face and say, "Nothing will deter us from our mission!"

All day today I heard her voice in my head.  I went to Tuesday morning and found a blue frame that would be perfect for the house pictures she gave me on one of our trips--if only I could find three.

So I drove to five different Tuesday Mornings and found one more, just one, alas, but one.

Tomorrow I have two more to go on the way to Helotes.  Wish me luck cause if that doesn't work, I may have to drive to Austin or somewhere to find #3.

It was a lovely day overall, divided in the middle with a nap, ending right now in a soaky bath with yummy bath salts and oil.  After a month of showers, I am so enjoying my long nightly baths and they make me sleep much better.

When I'm designing a room, because I like my stuff, even what's in a closet somewhere, I can almost always find exactly what I need without going shopping.  I move mirrors and lamps around until I hear that internal click that tells me the room is finished.  With a candle lit on the rim of the bathtub, I'm hearing it now.

No comments: