Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Seventy Five Years Ago

...my beautiful parents, Lloyd and Carlene, eloped!

My daddy was a Navy man and my mama was a college student at GSCW--Georgia State College for Women.  In this picture they are holding a nephew, but three years later, they had a baby of their own--moi!  Six years later, they had Bob. 



They had fifty seven happy years together, two children and a brick house that was their dream house on Ann Street in Cochran, Georgia.  Then we moved to Lawrenceville, Georgia, (my junior year of high school) and built their second house--where Carlene still lives. 

In one of these photos they were newly married and my daddy was a student at the University of Georgia.  In the other, they are dancing at Bob and Jocelyn's wedding (just a few miles from the fraternity house of the dance--after which he decided a fraternity wasn't for him.)   Their love song was "I'll be loving you....Always."  And they did, all the way!





No comments: