Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Wednesday Morning

What's keeping you juicy and hopeful in spite of everything?  What brings peace, inspiration, and optimism?

For Betty and Carlene, it's jigsaw puzzling. Betty directed me to a site called Serious Puzzles--which you might check out as I did last night.  They sell beautiful puzzles. 

Ir may be online classes, art exhibits, writing, Botanical Gardens, painting, cooking, reading....

For me right now, it's two things: searching online for a puppy and taking another awesome art class with Lyn Belisle, this one with her friend and collaborator, Michelle Belto.

I'm like the proverbial kid in a candy shop watching art classes.  I can watch and play all night if I want to because there is absolutely nothing on the calendar that requires me to go anywhere the next morning.  Or--as Carlene says when we're on a road trip and meandering back roads, "Nobody's waiting for us." 

Yesterday I did a U-Turn and asked a walker, "What kind of dog is that?" (I do that all the time!) She was training a big gorgeous puppy to stop on command and sit.

Puppy walkers are so friendly.  "A Newfoundland," she said.  This puppy is already as large as a nearly-grown German Shepherd;  she's going to be a giant when she grows up, definitely not a lap dog.

At Bed, Bath and Beyond, looking for wash cloths, I talked to a woman with an 11-year-old dog who's a backyard accidental mix of a bull dog and a Bijon Frise. Lulu's bull dog  paternity wasn't noticeable, she looked like the kind of dog I'm looking for: friendly and cuddly. She goes everywhere with her Person--and that's the  main quality I'm after, a companion puppy who likes to travel, even to Bed Bath and Beyond. 

It's five in the morning, the wind is blowing, it's raining, and my house smells like garlic. I sliced a bulb for printing on paper later,  left it on the counter, and its fragrance has permeated the house.  I've taken a drive in the rain, watched a few sessions of Lyn's class, and now am feeling sleepy enough that I'm going to finish my night's sleep if I can. 

No comments: