Pages

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Thursday

Last night was yummy dinner with family night--and Nathan's request was Nana's poppy seed chicken and baked potatoes with lots of cheese and butter.  I added asparagus and scones and some sweets and we had ourselves a party that felt (except for the masks before and after dinner) like pre-COVID. 

Nathan had spent the entire afternoon creating a Jeopardy game covering U.S. History, technology, mythology, B.C. history, and Japanese history.  I'm not quite sure who won, but it was fun to argue over different interpretations of questions and answers.  Then we went to the casita and watched Jumanji with popcorn. 

Before they arrived, Day and Marcus and Tom Face Timed to show me Tucker's ability to "sit' on command.  He is such an adorable puppy, but Day has had a couple of days of pulling her curly hair out.  

"Should I reconsider a dog?" I asked.

"Wait until we see how long it takes for our little guy to have good manners," she said.  "But he's mostly always worth it." 

Before I knew that about seventeen things were going to need attention today, I watched a movie last night recommended by Kara that was mesmerizing and poignant, a beautiful story about an octopus and a diver.  It's called My Octopus Teacher.  I've never seen such a close up view of the kelp forests underwater and the animals who live there.  



No comments: