Pages

Monday, January 11, 2021

1/11/21

There's a thing called color fatigue when you look at the same four (or more) walls 24/7 for ten months.  (I made it up, but it's still a real deal.). So in wall color, I'm moving back to quieter colors and Edward is assisting me in that endeavor while Luci and I are now camping out in the casita.  

Janet came over yesterday, ostensibly to see me and give me some color suggestions for light blue, but I suspect she also wanted a dose of Luci jumping gleefully on her!

 

For several years, Day and Carlene and I had a project called We Three.  Every month, we would write or make an art project related to a  theme.  Then we'd put whatever we wrote or painted on a page in a journal Day had made us and mail the whole journal to the next person, round robin style. 

Yesterday a beautiful fabric book arrived with twelve dividers.  Day had a brilliant idea and executed it beautifully to kick off 2021.  In each divider, there's a postage-paid envelope in which we're to include our page (along with a prompt for each month) and mail just that one envelope to the person it's already addressed to. I send January to Day; Day sends January to Nana, and Nana sends January to me. 

As we get our mail. we'll put each month's letter or collage or painting in the January slot.  At the end of the year, we will all have twelve pages in our individual journals made by the other two of the We Three Tribe.

I'm always amazed by Day's creativity.  This one is a real treasure!  


We came back into the house this morning for me to take a bath and Luci to observe and lick and whimper--either for me to get out or her to get in. 

Then we're going to scrape ice off the windshield and go to the UPS store to return a package.  I am no longer a solo traveler and it feels good to have a tiny passenger who now knows "Hop in" and "Hop out." 

While Luci was a bit lethargic her first two days, recuperating from surgery as she was, now she runs through the house like a little rocket.  She knows now that this is her home.



No comments: