Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2021

1/9/21

Puppy: good a name as any name.  

Mostly, she observes the norms of behavior that a grown-ass dog does, but it occurred to her last night to leap up on the dining table.  (Nobody uses it for eating anyway right now.)   I mentioned to Puppy that this was not normally done inside the house--though she's bound to be confused as it's just fine to sit atop tables outside.  


After photographing her in said position, I grabbed her a little firmly and said no in my sternest voice and placed her back on the floor.  Kate had just reminded me yesterday that she is, after all, a dog and needs to be trained.

There is so much to learn if you're a puppy.  English.  Manners.  Names. 

We headed out to get a morning drink this morning and I put Elena's baby seat in the front passenger seat.  She has already learned that my lap is not the ideal position for driving around and she curls up in her puppy seat all ready for a road trip.  

When we got back and I said, "Hop out" and she didn't, I closed the door and went inside and left her alone.  She did not like that idea.  So when I got back, she was ready to hop right out.  She's learning.



No comments: