Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2021

Puppy has a name!

On this cold gray day, I drove out to Helotes to deliver presents for Elena's 9th birthday--since I can't go to her party this year. 

Ever since I got this puppy, Elena has been calling every day to Face Time with her and she said from the start her name IS Lucy. 

So today she came running out to the car to get her and said, "Ahh, she's the sweetest puppy ever!  What are we going to name her?  Lucy?"

I said, "I'm calling her Puppy but that just might be it, Elena!"

"Yenna, it IS Lucy.  That's who she is! I already know it." 

Coming from the Animal Whisperer of all time, I believe her!  So her name is now LUCY--but I'm going to spell it with an I--Luci!

Elena wanted to cancel the party she was going to and come home with me and the sweetest puppy ever, but we're still keeping our distance until I get my vaccines.  I get the first one on Friday, then we will have sleepovers again after I get both!  

On the way home, I stopped by B Daddy's Barbecue and got a brisket sandwich to go--on a sourdough bun.  Will had been raving about it and he was right--best barbecue outside of Georgia.

Luci got a taste of it and she'll never go back to dry food again!




No comments: