Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving, All!

I love the sound of wind and rain, novelties to us Texans.  We sometimes wear jackets on Thanksgiving, but we just as often wear none.  This year promises to be a jacket-wearing day, and we'll be spending it in Helotes, not far from where Will and Day grew up. My small city yard is carpeted with brown pecan tree leaves.

Carlene wakes up and tells me her dream at the same moment I am telling her mine from the room next door.  She woke up laughing this morning, as she had attempted to do some fraud selling cars in the night.

Yesterday I read the first half of Janet Penley's book to her, Goodnight, Irene, and she loved it!  We are about to read the second half, then I'm going to yoga class.

We've watched all but one of series 2 of Call the Midwife to get ready for Season 3 in January--it's wonderful series.   We saw About Time at the Kate-Sandy-Linda triple play birthday party; and we've spent time with Will and Veronica and Elena.  Tomorrow Nathan comes home. When guests come to the Pritchett house, Elena looks out the window and says who it is, then "Hold me"--because she knows that whoever it is will want to hold her!

I am thankful for all my friends and family close and faraway--wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: