Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Looking for Reds









From West Texas, through New Mexico and Arizona, and into California, I did a photo scavenger hunt for reds.

A memorable assignment I was given in a photography class taught by Trish Simonite many years ago: shoot a whole roll of 35mm  film in which you focus on one particular color.  I chose blue.

Looking for blues made me more attentive to the varieties of blue.  I wrote about Trish's assignment earlier in this blog: the way that choosing one thing to look for makes me look at everything more closely.

Today my yoga teacher said, "What we do on the mat is practice for what we do off the mat."  Same with writing. Writing--like photography and painting--is an exercise in looking.



1 comment:

Janet Penley said...

Love these photos and the whole idea of looking for reds, or blues. You are a talented photographer as well as writer/blogger.