Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sleeping in Slidell, Mississippi

A jam session at Joie De Vivre, Breaux Bridge

I so enjoyed meeting John, a writer, who sent me a link to his blog:
http://blindtravel.net

Today was a beautiful day, foggy mostly.  We love fog.  I love the calligraphy of trees in the fog.

We spent the morning dancing in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana--at the Cafe Des Amis zydeco breakfast, then at Joie De Vivre.  I think I'm finally getting the hang of two-stepping, though I'm not quite ready for Mike's variations.

We had planned to stay in the Cajun Cottages where we'd stayed seven years ago, but decided to drive on to Slidell and have dinner at Buster's Place in Covington--delicious seafood, a place I'd eaten two months ago when I traveled this same road west in October.

When I was there before, I'd talked to Mike on the phone shortly after seeing each other again in Georgia.  We'd playfully talked about taking a trip to Louisiana together, but it seemed then like just an idea--now here we are, doing it!




Mike at Franks in Schulenberg

Zydeco band at Cafe Des Amis

Dancing at Cafe Des Amis

This is a special place--a place I've visited on former  road trips--
with Deb, with Kate, and with Mike in a former incarnation--
famous for its white chocolate bread pudding, Cajun food and music




 

No comments: