Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Damp and Frigid in Texas

I arrived back in San Antonio yesterday and it took all day for the house to heat up to 68!  I learned something: when one leaves a house on a warm day (as I did on December 26th) it's good to leave the heat on 60 at least.

Maybe there's a metaphor in there somewhere, but I'm too disjointed right now to find it.

I went to the Chinese Foot Spa on San Pedro for a $35 tune up this morning--as my muscles were aching from all the travel.  It's not like a real massage, but it got the crick out of my neck and I'm relaxed enough to lead writing groups and clean my house and unpack.

Mike and I found a beautiful green suede outfit in Georgia for Elena: rodeo chaps and vest--and had them embroidered with her name.  Her third birthday is a week from today!

Mike and I had two trips to the Greenville Airport (the first flight canceled) and I spent a total of six hours in airports, not counting the time in actual flight when they rerouted me through Houston yesterday.

Flying (in my opinion) is for the birds.
A car trip is way easier!




No comments: