Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Movie Week

This afternoon,  I felt a need for a little narrative escape--not from anything in particular, just wanted to sit in a darkened theater and immerse myself in someone else's story.

A few minutes into Gone Girl, I realized that I had read the book already.  When I left the theater more than two hours later, I felt a little crazy and discombobulated.

Sunday night on Masterpiece is always a Look-Forward-To:  Downton Abbey followed by a new Masterpiece series that's very endearing: Grantchester. In the first episode the charming village priest joins with the police to solve a crime.

I plan this week are to see The Imitation GameThe Theory of Everything and Selma.

If you missed the first episode of Grantchester, you can see it now at PBS.org.

And Downton, my my my! Those women are really breaking free of some boxes this season!  Of all the women on the show, it's Granny (on the surface shocked and prim in her Victorian views) is the most complex and interesting character.  It seems that Granny has some secrets of her own....





No comments: