Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

Movies and Visits

Carlene and I made this a week of pure relaxation.  We saw five movies:

Unbroken and Wild--both based on books we'd read

And So It Goes--with Diane Keaton and Michael Douglas

Elsa and Fred--with Shirley Maclaine and Christopher Plummer.

And, finally, tonight: As It Is In Heaven--a beautiful Danish film.


Day called today and wanted us to check out this site: 365Grateful.Com.

The creator of the site gave a talk at Ted about her gratitude project: taking a Polaroid photo every day of one thing she's thankful for.  It's all there on the blog--very inspiring!

Here I am with Jocelyn--hamming it up for the smart phone.

Jocelyn and I

Today Jocelyn and Carlene and Mike and I all met for a fun lunch in Winder, between here and Athens
Mike and I

Mike drove from Hartwell in his 1968 Thunderbird.  He'll be picking me up tomorrow for my final two days in Georgia, then I'll be flying back to Texas on Thursday, with a stopover in Chicago.

I hope that the New Year, 2015, brings unexpected joys for us all-- through windows and doors we forgot we left open!

No comments: