Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Thursday night

This morning, exactly one minute after I woke up, I got such a sweet text from Mike I'd blush right here by myself if I shared it.  Later, exactly one minute after I got off the injection table, I got another text from Mike saying he felt what I was feeling, even though I hadn't even had time to text him that it was over.  It's uncanny how often this happens. This good man has some kind of extrasensory timing eleven hundred miles away!

My blood pressure had shot way up to 188 over something (I usually have low to normal) and I was  sitting in a chair waiting to be dismissed when his text arrived.

"Do you have any idea how rich you are?" he said later, on the phone.  "You have the best friends in the world!"

To all of you who have sent texts and calls, to Joy who stayed with me all day and fixed me ice packs, to Pam who went with me to Earl Abel's for chicken fried steak (delicious!)  after she'd watered my plants, to all of you who have been so supportive-- YES, I know how rich I am, how rich we all are, to have real friends!














No comments: