Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Believing

We can learn a lot from children, believers in stories.

Yesterday, I was doing the voices of the pink elephant (Stompy), the raccoon (Racoony) and the kitty (Liddy.)

Elena was the only shopper in my pet shop.

The elephant spoke in a creaky old lady voice; Racoony spoke in a husky voice; and Liddy spoke in a baby voice.

"Will I be happy in your house?" Stompy asked.

"Yes, we will all love you and I will have you all my life," Elena said.  "I will always be with you."

Earlier, Elena had needed a Band-Aid.  When she noticed a slight stitching defect in the trunk of the pink elephant, Stompy said, "Maybe I need a Band-Aid."

Elena turned to me and whispered--whispered! so Stompy wouldn't hear--"Let's don't tell her about Band-Aids."


No comments: